Service Canada provides a useful website, www.canadabenefits.gc.ca, which assists Canadians in obtaining a customized list of benefits (Federal and Provincial/Territorial) for which they may be eligible. Information that the user may provide to obtain this customized list includes:
- the individual's province or territory, age, marital status, household income;
- whether they have children;
- type of their housing;
- whether a family member is recently deceased;
- the individual employment, health and education status; and
- other unique factors such as whether the individual is a newcomer to Canada, interested in starting a business, or is a health care worker.
Action Item: Try the calculator to see what may be available!